Join our team!
Mount Auburn’s dedicated staff are responsible for the daily care and stewardship of this National Historic Landmark, accredited arboretum and botanical garden, and active cemetery.
Mount Auburn is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
- Preservation Craftsperson at Mount Auburn CemeteryThe Preservation Department at Mount Auburn Cemetery is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill the position of Preservation Craftsperson. Reporting to the Preservation Manager, this person will be responsible for performing a variety of preservation related tasks which include participating in all stages of monument repairs/preservation, resetting monuments, foundation repairs and installations. In addition, assists … Continue reading
- Climbing Arborist at Mount Auburn CemeteryOrganization: Are you tired of working in the commercial tree industry? Do you have 2 or more years of solid climbing experience using rope and saddle and operating an aerial lift? If you answered yes to both questions, then check us out! We are seeking an experienced arborist to assist with maintaining our extensive collection … Continue reading
- Open Position: Advancement Assistant at Mount Auburn CemeteryReporting to the Annual Giving Manager, this person will be responsible for supporting the Office of Institutional Advancement, by performing general administrative work, event support, preparing mailings, gift processing, and acknowledgement of gifts. Continue reading
- Open Position: Preservation Seasonal Staff at Mount Auburn CemeteryReporting to the Preservation Manager, this person will be responsible for performing a variety of preservation related-tasks. Continue reading
- Open Position: Entrance Gate Greeter at Mount Auburn CemeteryWe are seeking an enthusiastic individual to welcome and assist arriving visitors. Continue reading
STAFF AT A GLANCE
Mount Auburn employs 55 full-time staff and 40 seasonal and part-time staff. Additionally, the Cemetery is supported by the work of 10 interns and 100+ volunteers.
Mount Auburn’s staff represent a wide range of professional backgrounds including arboriculture, customer service, curatorship, education, facilities care, financial management, fundraising, gardening, horticulture, human resources, information technology, landscape management, planning, preservation, security, and visitor services.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PHILOSOPHY STATEMENT
Mount Auburn Cemetery is committed to providing a respectful, ethical and fair work environment conducive to the productive accomplishment of our organizational goals. We treat all employees with fairness, respect, dignity, and integrity.
The Cemetery competes for talent with a variety of organizations but finds the most parity in job levels, descriptions, and skill requirements with other comparable organizations such as cemeteries, historic sites, and botanic gardens and/or arboreta.
The Cemetery’s employees are privileged to work with other people who share a desire to build, serve and sustain a strong community of dedicated non-profit professionals through leadership and advocacy. We provide a naturally collaborative atmosphere in which people take true ownership of their roles and yet seek each other’s input to facilitate the best possible solutions to organizational and operational challenges. We share important information openly with one another and invite new ideas and constructive organizational assessment. And, we strive to provide everyone with the opportunity to achieve a manageable work/life balance.
Traditional compensation and benefits programs are important components of our overall Compensation and Benefits Philosophy. Fairness in the design and administration of these programs is of paramount importance to the culture. We regularly calibrate the amount and, where possible, the mix, of both cash compensation and benefits programs. Although we have traditionally strived to deliver competitive health and retirement benefits, coupled with median base-pay levels, we recognize that it is important to be flexible and are committed to revisiting our approach as budgets allow. We periodically utilize multiple, highly-regarded published compensation and benefits surveys to benchmark our reward programs.
We recognize, encourage and reinforce strong organization, team, and individual performance where possible. We cultivate a strong feeling of fairness in pay and recognize that certain skill sets demand more compensation than others while attempting to strike an equitable balance with respect to other factors such as individual performance and length of service. We are also mindful that our overall ability to spend is limited by our financial resources. We are committed to reasonable levels of compensation and benefits and intend full compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
Comments are closed.