Join our team! Mount Auburn’s dedicated staff are responsible for the daily care and stewardship of this National Historic Landmark, accredited arboretum and botanical garden, and active cemetery.
Mount Auburn is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
- Open Position: Public Events Producer at Mount Auburn CemeteryPOSITION SUMMARY: The Public Events Producer is responsible for planning and executing programming that welcomes and connects the public to the Cemetery as a place celebrating the natural world, the seasons of life, and human stories. In this role, they manage both in-person and virtual programs, including Winter Solstice, Mount Auburn’s signature annual event held … Continue reading
- Open Position: Private Events Manager at Mount Auburn CemeteryPOSITION SUMMARY: With oversight of Mount Auburn’s private events program, the Private Events Manager supports Mount Auburn’s vision as a place that celebrates all seasons of life. The Manager develops rental packages that accommodate a diverse range of needs and event types, including but not limited to funeral-related gatherings. The Manager is responsible for expanding … Continue reading
- Open Position: Executive Assistant at Mount Auburn CemeteryThe President’s Department at Mount Auburn Cemetery is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill the new position of Executive Assistant. Reporting to the President & CEO, this person will be responsible for providing executive administrative support primarily for the President, Executive Leadership Team and also for the Trustees to assist the Board Relations Officer with … Continue reading
- Open Position: Security and Visitor Services Representative at Mount Auburn CemeteryThe Security Department at Mount Auburn Cemetery is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill the position of Security and Visitor Services Representative. Reporting to the Security Supervisor the Security and Visitor Services Representative is responsible for patrolling the Cemetery grounds throughout the assigned shift and enforcement of Cemetery rules and regulations. The representative displays compassion, … Continue reading
- Open Position: Preservation Technician at Mount Auburn CemeteryThe Preservation Technician participates in all stages of monument repairs and preservation, re-setting monuments, foundation repairs and new foundation installations, and other preservation based masonry repairs, assists in preservation and conservation work and general preservation maintenance work throughout the cemetery. The Preservation Technician ensures all work on site appropriately reflects the Statement of Preservation Values … Continue reading
- Open Position: Volunteer & Visitor Engagement Coordinator at Mount Auburn CemeteryRole and Responsibilities:Reporting to the Director of Education & Visitor Services the Volunteer & Visitor Engagement Coordinator manages the daily operations of the Cemetery’s Visitor Center, including the scheduling and supervision of volunteers at the Welcome Desk, and other general visitor engagement activities. The Coordinator also manages and supervises the organization-wide volunteer program and provides … Continue reading
- Open Position: Facilities Maintenance SpecialistThe Facilities Department at Mount Auburn Cemetery is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill the position of Facilities Maintenance Specialist. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the specialist will be responsible for routine maintenance of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems in all Cemetery structures, as well as general preventive and corrective maintenance involving minor carpentry, painting … Continue reading
- Open Position: Project Manager: Finance & ITMount Auburn Cemetery seeks a strategic, ambitious, innovative, and dynamic individual to fill the role of Project Manager (PM) leading teams of colleagues and external experts on the completion of projects. Continue reading
- Open Position: Family Services Event Coordinator at Mount Auburn CemeteryMount Auburn Cemetery seeks a strategic, ambitious, innovative, and dynamic individual to fill the role of Family Services Event Coordinator. Continue reading
- Open Position: Vice President of Horticulture & LandscapeMount Auburn Cemetery seeks a strategic, ambitious, innovative, and dynamic leader to be their Vice President of Horticulture & Landscape (VPH). Continue reading
- Open Position: Vice President of People and CultureMount Auburn Cemetery seeks a strategic, ambitious, innovative, and dynamic leader to be the inaugural Vice President of People and Culture (VPPC). Continue reading
- Open Position: HorticulturistMount Auburn Cemetery seeks a strategic, ambitious, innovative, and dynamic individual to fill the role of Horticulturist. Reporting to the Director of Horticulture. Continue reading
- Open Position: Irrigation System and Infrastructure TechnicianMount Auburn Cemetery seeks a strategic, ambitious, innovative, and dynamic individual to fill the role of Irrigation System and Infrastructure Technician. Continue reading
- Open Position: Preservation Craftsperson InternMount Auburn Cemetery seeks a strategic, ambitious, innovative, and dynamic individual to fill the role of Preservation Craftsperson Intern. Continue reading
- Open Position: Cemetery Operations TechnicianMount Auburn Cemetery seeks an enthusiastic individual to assist with a variety of tasks pertaining to the daily operations of the Cemetery. Continue reading
STAFF AT A GLANCE
Mount Auburn employs 55 full-time staff and 40 seasonal and part-time staff. Additionally, the Cemetery is supported by the work of 10 interns and 100+ volunteers.
Mount Auburn’s staff represent a wide range of professional backgrounds including arboriculture, customer service, curatorship, education, facilities care, financial management, fundraising, gardening, horticulture, human resources, information technology, landscape management, planning, preservation, security, and visitor services.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PHILOSOPHY STATEMENT
Mount Auburn Cemetery is committed to providing a respectful, ethical and fair work environment conducive to the productive accomplishment of our organizational goals. We treat all employees with fairness, respect, dignity, and integrity.
The Cemetery competes for talent with a variety of organizations but finds the most parity in job levels, descriptions, and skill requirements with other comparable organizations such as cemeteries, historic sites, and botanic gardens and/or arboreta.
The Cemetery’s employees are privileged to work with other people who share a desire to build, serve and sustain a strong community of dedicated non-profit professionals through leadership and advocacy. We provide a naturally collaborative atmosphere in which people take true ownership of their roles and yet seek each other’s input to facilitate the best possible solutions to organizational and operational challenges. We share important information openly with one another and invite new ideas and constructive organizational assessment. And, we strive to provide everyone with the opportunity to achieve a manageable work/life balance.
Traditional compensation and benefits programs are important components of our overall Compensation and Benefits Philosophy. Fairness in the design and administration of these programs is of paramount importance to the culture. We regularly calibrate the amount and, where possible, the mix, of both cash compensation and benefits programs. Although we have traditionally strived to deliver competitive health and retirement benefits, coupled with median base-pay levels, we recognize that it is important to be flexible and are committed to revisiting our approach as budgets allow. We periodically utilize multiple, highly-regarded published compensation and benefits surveys to benchmark our reward programs.
We recognize, encourage and reinforce strong organization, team, and individual performance where possible. We cultivate a strong feeling of fairness in pay and recognize that certain skill sets demand more compensation than others while attempting to strike an equitable balance with respect to other factors such as individual performance and length of service. We are also mindful that our overall ability to spend is limited by our financial resources. We are committed to reasonable levels of compensation and benefits and intend full compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
Comments are closed.