Leaving A Lasting Legacy
Including the Friends of Mount Auburn Cemetery in your will or estate plan is a simple way to make a meaningful contribution to this treasured organization. A bequest is a gift made to Mount Auburn through your will or trust at the time of your passing. A bequest is also an extraordinary demonstration of commitment that costs you nothing in your lifetime, all while supporting public education, the care of the horticultural collection, preservation and conservation, enhancements to the landscape, and protection of wildlife habitat. Your bequest language can specify how your gift will be used by Mount Auburn upon receipt.
HOW YOU BENEFIT
* Planned gifts come out of your assets at the time of your death and therefore do not diminish your current income.
* You may alter your bequest or trust designation at any time.
* Your bequest or trust designation is entirely free from federal estate taxes, whereas if it were left to an individual, a significant amount might go to federal estate taxes.
* You receive immediate benefits as a member of the Remembrance Society, such as invitations to private receptions, recognition in the Annual Report, and more.
HOW IT WORKS
* Notify Mount Auburn of your intent by calling 617.607.1970.
* Include a bequest provision in your will or revocable trust (see sample text below).
* Upon your passing, the Friends of Mount Auburn receives the bequest you specified.
TYPES OF BEQUESTS
Mount Auburn receives a specific dollar amount from your estate.
Mount Auburn receives all or a percentage of the remainder of your estate after the payment of any specific bequests and expenses.
Mount Auburn is designated as a beneficiary of the remainder of your IRA or qualified pension.
Mount Auburn is designated as a beneficiary or owner of your life insurance policy.
The following language in your will would create such a gift:
“I give the sum of ______________dollars ($___________) [or ____________% of my estate] [or description of securities or other property] to the Friends of Mount Auburn Cemetery, a federally tax-exempt 501(c)(3) with offices at 580 Mount Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA 02138. This gift is unrestricted [or a specific designation].
THE REMEMBRANCE SOCIETY
The Remembrance Society was established to honor those who choose to include Mount Auburn in their will and/or estate planning. Members enjoy a variety of benefits in gratitude for their generosity, such as invitations to private receptions, recognition in the Annual Report, and more. Please contact Jenny Gilbert, Director of Institutional Advancement at 617-607-1970 or email@example.com for more information.
Our Commitment to Our Donors:
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
This policy applies to all information received by The Friends, both online and offline, on any Platform (“Platform”, includes Mount Auburn Cemetery’s website and mobile applications), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.