Swan House Constructed
In 1872 a Swan House was erected across from the southern end of Indian Ridge Path. Its proximity to Auburn Lake provided suitable accommodations for waterfowl. However, according to the Trustee Minutes of 1882, a special committee had to be formed after an 1878 incident in which a visitor was attacked and injured by one of the swans, eventually leading to the removal of the swans and the Swan House in 1892. The land in that area – near Maple Avenue – was subsequently turned into lot space.