Open Position: Seasonal Groundskeeper/Gardener
Performs lawn mowing, trimming, mulching and blowing of leaves, and various other grounds maintenance tasks as requested. Performs the planting, pruning, and maintenance of both lot and corporation trees, shrubs and groundcovers. Other duties may include watering, mulching, fertilizing, weeding and edging.
Duties & Responsibilities (May Perform Some or All of the Duties):
• Operate riding mower, walk-behind mower, and hand mower throughout the Cemetery in a safe manner, being mindful of obstacles such as monuments, corner posts, signposts, trees and shrubs
• Perform grass trimming around monuments, buildings, signposts, water faucets, and other obstacles
• Operate backpack leaf blower and leaf vacuum during leaf mulching/pickup season
• Perform various grounds maintenance tasks such as weeding, mulching, grading, seeding and watering. Removes litter, branches, and unsightly floral tributes as needed.
• Watering, weeding, mulching, fertilizing and edging of trees, shrubs and ground covers throughout the cemetery grounds
• Planting of trees, shrubs, groundcovers, and flowers
• Annual pruning of corporation and lot shrub plantings
Qualifications and physical demands include but are not limited to:
• High School Diploma preferred
• One year of experience operating riding mower, string trimmer, and self-propelled walk-behind mowing equipment preferred
• Experience with maintenance of shrubs and groundcovers preferred
• Ability to work alone or with other members of the Department
• Ability to speak both Spanish and English preferred
• A valid driver’s license required
• Ability to shovel soil and mulch, and to lift fertilizer, trees, shrubs, and logs up to 80 pounds
• Ability to use and operate a variety of hand tools and power equipment such as hand pruners, handsaws, pole saw and pole pruners
• Ability to use and operate some power tools and equipment such as Toro turf vehicle, tractors, leaf blower, gasoline powered hedge trimmers, and rototiller
• Ability to bend, walk, and/or stand for long periods of time
• Ability to work outdoors including during inclement weather
Hours of Work:
7:30 AM to 3:30 PM on Monday to Friday. Occasionally may work others or days.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter with a current resume, as Microsoft Word documents to: email@example.com.
Or by mail to: Human Resources
Mount Auburn Cemetery
580 Mount Auburn St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.
Mount Auburn Cemetery is an equal opportunity employer.
Comments are closed.