Open Position: Project Manager: Cemetery & Visitor Services
This position is remote with approximately 2 days a week onsite.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for leading teams of colleagues and external experts on the completion of projects that support Mount Auburn’s operational goals and its strategic initiatives. Reporting to the Vice President of Cemetery Services, the PM will primarily coordinate and manage projects that strengthen Mount Auburn’s role as an active Cemetery and increase its positioning as a welcoming and inviting community resource. The PM will also aid and provide project support for Mount Auburn’s President & CEO and other Vice Presidents as requested. The PM is responsible for developing project goals, budgets, and timelines and providing routine updates on the status of all in-progress projects. The PM will encourage cross-departmental collaboration on all projects by recruiting staff members from all functional areas and will communicate project updates with all staff as appropriate• Build and develop project teams that ensure successful project implementation using internal and external expertise.
• Define project goals, resource requirements, timelines, and implementation plan for all projects.
• Prepare project proposals for review and approval by Executive Team or, when needed, its Board of Trustees.
• As appropriate, assist in the preparation of narratives and presentations to solicit grants and contributed support for projects.
• Coordinate internal and external resources to keep projects within approved scope, schedule, and budget.
• Collaborate and communicate with project staff in a timely and routine manner.
• Monitor project progress and adapt scope, timelines, and budgets as appropriate.
• Communicate with client stakeholders, internal and external, providing timely information on project status.
Qualifications and physical demands include but are not limited to:
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience required
• 5 or more years of project management experience
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
• Proven ability to solve problems creatively and excellent analytical skills
• Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
• Strong communication and presentation skills and an ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing with co-workers, Trustees, lot owners or representatives, clients, and visitors
• Must possess strong computer and typing skills. Specifically, Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Experience with project management software or tools, methodologies and best practices preferred
• Budget management experience is required
• Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as computers and mouse, telephones, photocopiers, fax machines, scanners.
• Must be able to access file cabinets and interior vaults.
• Must be able to access all areas of the Cemetery, including the Chapels, Greenhouse, Administration Building, and the cemetery grounds including traversing stairs, inclines, declines, and uneven terrain in all weather conditions
• Must be able to move within a normal office environment, accessing all records and equipment with ease
• Position requires prolonged periods seated and/or standing at a desk.
• Must be able to walk up and down stairs
• Must be able, using a stool as necessary, to reach high shelves containing files and supplies at any location within the office, including the vaults
• Must be able to do some light lifting in conjunction with office duties, up to 20 pounds
Hours of Work:
Some remote with approximately 2 days a week onsite. 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM from Monday to Friday. There is some flexibility on the daily hours. Occasional evenings and weekends as required.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter stating your career goals and objectives with a current resume, as Microsoft Word documents, and include “Project Manager: Cemetery & Visitor Services” in the subject area, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to: Human Resources
Mount Auburn Cemetery
580 Mount Auburn St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.
Mount Auburn Cemetery is an equal opportunity employer.
Comments are closed.