Open Position: Family & Client Services Representative
Mount Auburn Cemetery comprises 175 acres and is situated in Watertown and Cambridge near Boston, Massachusetts. Founded in 1831, and now visited by over 200,000 people each year, Mount Auburn is a National Historic Landmark, recognized as the first “rural cemetery” and the inspiration for the American Parks Movement during the 19th century. As an active cemetery, Mount Auburn inspires all who visit, comforts the bereaved, and commemorates the dead in a landscape of exceptional beauty. As an accredited arboretum, Mount Auburn features 5,000 trees and more than 20,000 plants overall.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Customer Service Department at Mount Auburn Cemetery is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill the position of Family & Client Services Representative. Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, the representative acts as the liaison between families and Cemetery staff in regard to burials and lot/grave maintenance requests. The Representative displays compassion, sensitivity, and good business ethics in all interactions with clients and visitors.
• Greets and assists all visitors and customers who enter the building.
• Answers general phone inquiries and accurately re-directs phone calls to correct department.
• Responds to phone and email inquiries regarding lots and graves.
• Assists families with the scheduling of burial services, effectively communicating Cemetery policies and procedures.
• Meets with families to facilitate burial services and requests for lot care.
• Generates, processes, monitors, and closes work orders associated with interment services following the designated workflow.
• Serves as the liaison between lot owners/representatives and the Cemetery’s Horticulture and Preservation Staff, facilitating conversations about lot care and maintenance.
• Creates and maintains documentation on workflow process for work orders related to lot care. Trains new users on workflow related lot care.
• Assists with chapel services, meetings, events and public programs as needed
• As needed assists with cremation workflow.
• May be required to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and physical demands include but are not limited to:
• One to two years of college education preferred
• 2 to 3 years of customer service experience required
• Strong computer and typing skills required. Specifically, Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with relational databases preferred
• Collaborative working skills and ability to communicate successfully with employees at all levels
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and efficiently
• Must be a self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to work independently
• Must be patient, energetic, creative, and flexible as work demands change
Hours of Work:
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM on Tuesday to Saturday.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter stating your career goals and objectives with a current resume, as Microsoft Word documents, and include “Family & Client Services Representative” in the subject area, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to:
Mount Auburn Cemetery
580 Mount Auburn St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.
Mount Auburn Cemetery is an equal opportunity employer.