Open Position: Facilities Maintenance Specialist
The Facilities Department at Mount Auburn Cemetery is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill the position of Facilities Maintenance Specialist. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the specialist will be responsible for routine maintenance of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems in all Cemetery structures, as well as general preventive and corrective maintenance involving minor carpentry, painting and exterior repairs to gutters and roofs. Must have the general knowledge and the ability to perform plumbing, heating, cooling, and electrical systems as well as basic building repairs. Responsible for notifying supervisor of problems and coordinating the scheduling of contracted repairs.
• Performs general maintenance and repair tasks necessary for the preservation and efficient management of all Cemetery buildings. Completes work orders and preventive maintenance tasks per the Cemetery CMMS. Abides by all safety policies. Is able to work independently, prioritizing work and solving problems. May oversee and coordinate the work of others in performing maintenance tasks.
• Works with the Facilities Manager to update CMMS with accurate preventive maintenance information.
• Acts as liaison and department representative for outside contractors and inspectors
• Responsible for routine maintenance of building exteriors, including roof inspections and minor repairs, gutter and downspout cleaning, window and door repair, and painting. Removes snow and ice as possible and necessary, and when it is safe to do so, to prevent leaks and building damage. Keeps records of all maintenance tasks performed.
• Performs maintenance and basic repairs of HVAC systems in all buildings. Creates and updates cyclical maintenance schedules of boilers, air conditioning systems and associated equipment. Keeps records of all maintenance tasks performed.
• Performs basic electrical repairs and monitors electrical systems in all buildings. Responsible for replacing light fixtures and receptacles. Responsible for stocking appropriate light bulbs and replacing as needed. Keeps record of all maintenance tasks performed.
• Performs basic plumbing repairs and monitors plumbing systems in all buildings. Keeps records of all maintenance tasks performed.
• Patches and paints all damage to plaster or woodwork resulting from electrical, plumbing and mechanical repairs.
• Performs miscellaneous carpentry repairs and special projects.
• Performs other tasks as assigned or required.
Qualifications and physical demands include but are not limited to:
• High School diploma required and some trade school course work desirable. Other building, electrical, plumbing licenses desirable.
• Minimum of three years of building maintenance experience required, including experience maintaining heating, cooling, plumbing and electrical systems
• Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for workorder and preventive maintenance management
• Ability to communicate successfully with Cemetery staff, lot owners, and visitors
• Ability to safely operate a wide variety of power tools and use radio communications equipment
• Able to work alone and under supervision.
• Ability to access all areas of the Cemetery grounds and buildings
• Ability to move within a normal office and workshop environment
• Ability to perform frequent heavy lifting (up to 80 lbs.)
• Able to stand, walk, kneel and/or bend for long periods of time.
• Able to work outdoors in all seasons, including harsh weather conditions
• Driver’s license required
Hours of Work:
7:30 AM to 3:30 PM on Monday to Friday. May be required to work or be on call other hours or days.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter stating your career goals and objectives with a current resume, as Microsoft Word documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to: Human Resources
Mount Auburn Cemetery
580 Mount Auburn St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.
Mount Auburn Cemetery is an equal opportunity employer.
Comments are closed.