Open Position: Executive Assistant at Mount Auburn Cemetery
The President’s Department at Mount Auburn Cemetery is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill the new position of Executive Assistant. Reporting to the President & CEO, this person will be responsible for providing executive administrative support primarily for the President, Executive Leadership Team and also for the Trustees to assist the Board Relations Officer with on-site tasks as requested.
• Serves as primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies (e.g., staff, Trustees, donors, cemetery users, professional contacts); answers President’s office phone, greets guests and provides exemplary hospitality.
• Provides sophisticated calendar management for the President’s schedule, scheduling appointments, integrating with the President & CEO’s personal calendar, coordinating meeting and event logistics (e.g., virtual link dissemination, room reservations, refreshments, AV needs) all while troubleshooting conflicts; making judgements and
recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
• Provides and fill a “gatekeeper” role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the President & CEO and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Leadership Team.
• Prepares weekly calendar briefings which may include coordination of any necessary profiles of meeting attendees; solicits timely meeting and event briefing materials.
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitates the President & CEO ability to lead the organization including the preparation of written communications for the executive: drafts, produces and distributes emails, memos, spreadsheets, and complex reports.
• Coordinates business travel and time out of the office in a proactive manner.
• Completes additional special projects, data management or analysis as needed by the President or Executive Leadership Team.
• Assists with the preparation and distribution of on-site Board meeting materials as needed.
Qualifications and physical demands include but are not limited to:
• Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent.
• Significant executive support experience, including supporting executives with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in similar responsibilities, preferably in a non-profit organization.
• Strong computer and typing skills required; specifically, experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Familiarity with a development donor base is desirable.
• A valid driver’s license.
• Must be an open and honest communicator with co-workers and Trustees.
• Collaborative working skills, positive attitude and a sense of humor.
• Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
• Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
• Must be a self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to work independently.
• Must be patient, energetic, creative and flexible as work demands including switching projects or tasks at a moment’s notice.
• Must be able to move within a normal office environment, accessing all records and equipment with ease.
• Must be able to move between desk, front counter, and all files.
Hours of Work: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday to Friday. Occasional evenings and weekends as required.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter stating your career goals and objectives with a current resume, as Microsoft Word documents, and include “Executive Assistant” in the subject area, to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or by mail to: Human Resources Mount Auburn Cemetery 580 Mount Auburn St. Cambridge, MA 02138 Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.
Mount Auburn Cemetery is an equal opportunity employer.
Comments are closed.