Open Position: Customer Service & Sales Assistant
The Customer Service Department at Mount Auburn Cemetery is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill the position of Customer Service & Sales Assistant. Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, the Representative is responsible for delivering exceptional service while supporting the needs of families, customers, clients, and the Cemetery Services Department. They support the daily functions and operations of the Cemetery Services Department and provide attentive and helpful service to all who enter the Administration Building, regardless of the reason for their visit. Specifically, the Representative works to support the Cemetery sales function and by working as the primary liaison between prospective and active clients and the Sales Manager.
• Serves as the first contact with the public requesting sales information or services. Provides accurate information pertaining to sales inquiry as requested.
• Utilizes critical thinking skills to resolve guest or client concerns regarding Cemetery sales.
• Utilizes CRM system to track communications, maintain client contacts and lists, and input data.
• Answers and directs phone calls within the cemetery services department. Provides office coverage for front office on weekends as needed.
• Organizes and schedules sales appointments and meetings.
• Assists in the preparation of regularly scheduled sales reports.
• Prepares and monitors sales invoices and process and tracks payments.
• Maintains supplies of sales related material and inventory.
• Prepares material for sale folders and after-care packages.
• Attends sales department meetings and records and archives meeting minutes.
• Assists families with the scheduling of burial services, effectively communicating Cemetery policies and procedures.
• Work with funeral directors to collect required paperwork for burials and cremation services. Retrieves and presents cremated remains to funeral directors or families.
Qualifications and physical demands include but are not limited to:
• One to two years of college education preferred
• 3 years of sales support experience required
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing with clients, visitors, co-workers, Trustees, and management
• Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task
• A desire to serve others at a time of emotional distress or need
• Ability to maintain composure, decorum and professional outlook when under job-related pressure
• Strong computer and typing skills required. Specifically, Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with relational databases preferred
Hours of Work:
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday to Friday. Occasional evenings and weekends as required.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter stating your career goals and objectives with a current resume, as Microsoft Word documents, and include “Cemetery Sales Representative” in the subject area, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to: Human Resources
Mount Auburn Cemetery
580 Mount Auburn St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.
Mount Auburn Cemetery is an equal opportunity employer.
Comments are closed.