Open Position: Advancement Associate
Mount Auburn is currently seeking a qualified candidate for Advancement Associate.
The Advancement Associate is responsible for implementation of the Annual Giving program, including coordinating the design, printing, mailing lists, acknowledgement of gifts, and campaign and fund reporting. Responds to inquiries by phone, mail and email; and assigns stewardship and personal outreach to donors within Advancement staff. Oversees management of departmental data and information in donor database software, and is responsible for departmental budgeting and expense reconciliation. Assists with donor events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support the Annual Giving program in a variety of ways, including drafting solicitation and acknowledgment letters, pulling mailing lists, and creating electronic appeals
Design and manage production of Annual Giving collateral and all departmental printing needs
Assist in setting Annual Giving goals and report regularly on projections.
Assign stewardship and personal thank you calls and emails to Advancement staff based on internal Stewardship guidelines.
Conduct prospect research to identify potential new donors
Oversee management of Raiser’s Edge database. Ensure constituent records are up to date and relevant.
Responsible for data entry and the acquisition of new donor information in collaboration with visitor and cemetery services.
Process all gifts and manage deposit, credit card, and online donation processes
Run lists and reports as needed for Advancement department
Serve as liaison between Advancement department and the Finance Office
Manage and perform monthly reconciliation between Advancement department and the Finance Office
Generate and send all pledge and recurring gift reminders on a timely basis
Assist as needed in developing and monitoring operating budget
Assists in executing donor events
Staff donor events as needed, including some outside of regular work hours on weekends and in the evening
Provide administrative and scheduling support as needed for Director of Institutional Advancement
Drafts all acknowledgement letters, including personalized special project and major gift letters and ensure timely mailing
Responds to inquiries by phone, mail, and email
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a development office and an understanding of Annual Giving and Major Gift strategies
• Previous experience with a development, CRM, or similar database and internet research required; familiarity with the Raiser’s Edge desirable but not required.
• Demonstrated ability to work with the public and to coordinate complex tasks. Ability to follow through on assigned tasks and to work independently.
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills, in person, in writing, via telephone or other computer or other electronic media.
• Dependable, punctual, and articulate.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and creative as work demands change.
• Must be able to use a computer and telephone.
• Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends for fundraising events as needed.
• Must have a driver’s license valid in Massachusetts.
• Must present a good professional image in dress, grooming and personal hygiene per the Cemetery’s dress code policy.
• Must be able to move and work within an office environment. Must be able to move throughout the Cemetery’s offices, including up and down stairs.
• Must be able to move within all areas of the Cemetery grounds and buildings and drive Cemetery vehicles.
• Must be able, using equipment as necessary, to reach low and high shelves containing files and supplies at any location. Must be able to operate photocopying equipment, including lifting, loading and carrying stacks of paper.
All employees of Mount Auburn Cemetery are “at will” employees and must adhere to Mount Auburn’s “Code of conduct”.
Mount Auburn Cemetery is an equal-opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship status, physical or mental ability, military status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume, as MS Word documents, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject line. You can also mail a cover letter and resume to Mount Auburn Cemetery, 580 Mount Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, Attention: Human Resources. No telephone calls please.
Comments are closed.